As many of you already know, I am a huge fan of using light meters. A good meter is vital for getting images done quickly and done right. For the past two months, I have been using the new Illuminati light and color meter, an amazing new photographic tool that connects to your smartphone. Exposure and color accuracy are spot on, and it is also packed with features. Most of these have never been available in one meter before!
- Light and color meter in one wireless device.
- Meter flash/strobe to get lighting ratios and strobe ratios right quickly and consistently. Get the look you want every time.
- Color correct your flash/strobe to the ambient light. Avoid color tints that are time-consuming or even impossible to fix in post production. Correct rented lights quickly.
- Multiple meters can talk to one smartphone – great for setting lighting ratios, getting even illumination in a scene, and color-matching two or more different lights.
- You don’t even have to take out your smartphone or put your camera down. Trigger and receive readings on your smartwatch, keeping your hands free for making lighting adjustments.
The Illuminati meter will sell for $300 when it is released but is available now to pre-order on Kickstarter at an amazing price of just $200. Here is a link to their Kickstarter page:
I hope you’ll visit the page and see for yourself. There are lots of informative videos there, plus loads more information on the Illuminati meter.
And finally, please help by sharing this link and/or forwarding this email to your photo friends through social media and email. That way, we help support innovative new products like this for our craft!
If the link above does not work, copy and paste this link.