Our 2018 Texas School class will be a wonderful experience for us all. Plan to meet new people, learn new things, and have a lot of fun. Tony and Rob will both be teaching this year. Just think, it'll be twice the fun!!
What To Bring
- Come with no pre-conceived notion of what you think you will learn this year, rather bring an open mind and be open to thinking differently, trying things you might not think will work, and trying things you might feel beneath your level of expertise. I find that my students who reach back a little have an easier time of reaching forward. And of course we will reach forward.
- Bring with you three questions you want answered. Write them down if you want or give them to me during introductions. We’ll get them answered.
- Bring your camera(s) of choice and lenses that you most often use.
- Bring a laptop if you have one and a card reader as you will probably want to move some files around that you shoot that week.
- Also, we’d like you to upload about 5 images you’d like to see spoken about in class. We want the good, the bad and the ugly if you don’t mind. We don’t want to see only your heroes, as we need to discuss the “dogs” as well.
Let's Have Fun
The theme of this year’s Texas School is “Life’s a Beach”. As you know, we will be taking a class photo. Bring with you something beachy. An inflatable pool toy. A plastic shovel and pail. Whatever may be fun in a class photo. They can come in handy for the Tuesday evening party too.
Upload Your Images
We’d like you to upload about 5 images you’d like to see spoken about in class. We want the good, the bad and the ugly, if you don’t mind. We don’t want to see only your heroes, as we need to discuss the “dogs” as well.
Due: End of Day, Friday, April 20.
Consider this a client deadline. Don't wait until the last minute. You may have trouble uploading the files. Your dog could eat your modem. Your karma may not align on the due date.
PPA Charities - Class Challenge
Each year Texas School supports PPA Charities. As part of this support, contributions are solicited in each classroom. Tony and Rob both feel strongly about supporting this worthy cause. We'd really like to see our class lead the school in contributions. As a Class Challenge we will match, dollar for dollar, the financial contributions up to $500.
You can read more about PPA Charities on their website. Also, a PPA Charities rep will be at Texas School.